Monday, May 2, 2011

Perspective.

We've had a rough weekend

A very unexpected flooding incident inside our home was definitely not the most welcome kind of news.
Crisis tends to follow our little family around, lingering on our foot-tails and entering at the most inopportune moments.
But, we have learned to handle crisis and look at situations with the proper perspective; thanks to Deak.

After the initial news and ensuing anger and sadness, my husband and I gathered ourselves together and quietly understood that although this is a stressor, it is not important, and we will be okay.  I think we even laughed:)

My thoughts kept turning to Deak...all night as we waited for disaster clean up to arrive and help us clean our mess. I needed him. When we returned home, I got him out of his crib and held him close to my chest as he held on tightly in return.

One hug, and I was okay. 

Perspective through Deak's eyes is an undeniable blessing. I often want to say to people who are hurting, "Please. Come over. Spend a few minutes with my boy, I promise it will help."

How lucky am I to get that every day?

Less than two weeks until race day.  Unbelievable.  I know I overly state this, but I am so immensely grateful for the support and love.  Your generosity and Deak's hugs have carried me through a tough couple of days.  I am so excited to see you all there, and so overwhelmed with emotion.  If you haven't, register quickly, as the fee increases to $35 after May 7th.
Click here for a direct link to the online system.

And, remember to stop by and give Deak a hug May 14th...I promise, it will heal you too.

*Picture taken the first night he crawled...it still makes me cry:)

No comments:

Post a Comment