Thursday, May 5, 2011

Goodness.

I believe in the goodness of ones' soul.  I've brought it up through this website before, and I'll continue to state it until I no longer can. 
People are just good; I will always believe that.

This race has turned into more than just the "little 5k" I had planned on.
It's big (to me, big).
Way bigger than I had envisioned for this first year, newbie race director's trial run.
The more I wet my toes with the opportunity for funding this could provide to my son and his Chromosome 18 buddies, the deeper I want to swim.  I'm afraid fundraising is my new drug of choice.

Good people, without being asked, have spread the word, acquired sponsors and donated their personal time and resources to helping my boy.  These good people feed my soul.  Good people like our long-time family friend, Rick Tuckett, with West Coast Engraving.  I got a phone call earlier this week from my Dad letting me know that Rick had generously offered to pay for ALL the shirts for this event. All of them. He has donated his time, designed the graphics, and put up with my compulsive need for control.  And, now...he is doing all that for FREE.
Amazing. He does fantastic work, all of our signs, medals, and shirts have been designed and ordered through this awesome company.

Our friends, whose daughters cheer with Abby and my sister Maddi, have also been amazing. Diane, on her own time, found a sponsor (Ken Garff West Valley Chrysler Jeep Dodge) to pay for the entire Viewmont High Cheerleading Team (18+) to participate.  This is worth several hundred dollars. 
Unbelievable.

As I sat in the car, driving to pick Deak up from preschool today I let myself feel how amazing this thing I call "hope" is; the infinite power it holds.  I felt the sun finally shining through my windshield, and held back my joyful tears.  I consciously thought, "Man, I am so glad I am choosing happiness today."
 My hope sits in the back of my car and leaves blond little curly cues all over the black fabric on his carseat. Your hope may be found elsewhere. 
Where ever it is, give yourself a second to feel it today...it's worth it.

*Candid shot taken during Deak's 18 month old photo shoot.*
(I kinda wish my skin still looked like that...;)
Reminder: Registration Fees increase after this weekend...click here to register now.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post... and that picture is beyond words. I had tears in my eyes as I read of the generosity that has been shown to your family during this. I'm just sorry we haven't helped more, but at least we've registered already. See you next Saturday (can't believe it's almost here already!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. That picture makes me cry. He is adorable, and he has the best mother in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day Jenny! You are the most amazing mom! And you deserve to feel the happiness and hope that you are getting! Oh I wish we could be at the run, but maybe it's best that we can't so I won't boo-hoo tears of joy through the whole thing :)

    ReplyDelete